A ALEGRIA INVADIU MINHA ALMA

A ALEGRIA INVADIU MINHA ALMA
Big Meu Lindo.

quinta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2015

Greenpeace Índia


Dear Rose,

My name is Akshat. I’m a 10 year-old student in Delhi and I want to know if the the air that I am breathing is polluted?

That was the question on my mind after I read a shocking report saying that Delhi now has the most polluted air in the world [1]. So when I got home, I asked my mother.

She told me to hold my breath for a minute. I felt the panic rising as my breath ran short, and immediately realised just how important the air that we take for granted is.

Then my mother explained to me that for some people who have breathed too much dirty air, that shortness of breath is permanent - their lungs are permanently affected.

Thank you for taking action on air pollution already. Can you share this with your friends and ask them to sign up too?

But how dirty is the air I breathe in my home town of Punjabi Bagh, Delhi? Apparently in the last six months, 111 out of 152 readings showed higher concentrations than the limits prescribed by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), and were considered hazardous. That’s pretty worrying to me.

Once I knew how dirty the air around me was, I decided I had to protect myself. Now, I wear a pollution mask every day on my way to school.

Thank you for joining Clean Air Nation. Please share this to grow the movement.

Most of my friends are unaware of the quality of air they are breathing - they just don’t think about it. And in many cases, the places they come from don’t even have an air monitoring station.

Delhi’s students are growing up breathing the worst air pollution in the world. And it’s getting worse. Already, air pollution is the 5th largest killer in India.

So I decided to do something about it. Together with Greenpeace, I’m joining the Clean Air Nation movement. We’re demanding that the Government installs air monitoring stations in cities across India, so that people can know what kind of air they are breathing and protect themselves when they need to.

Thank you for joining Clean Air Nation. Share this petition now!
Thanks,

Akshat
Akshat
A 5th grade student supporting the Clean Air Nation.

PS: So far, the Government has said it will do something, but has hugely failed to live up to its promises. We need them to prioritise the wellbeing and health of its citizens. Please share and spread the word.

Source:
[1] http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/14/news/economy/india-delhi-air-pollution 
 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário